Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Be At Peace

Hello Saints,

I am just simply speaking from an observational point of view of my last few days out and what is ahead.  Many of us who are going out are probably watching people around you very closely.  Who would have thought that going to the grocery store could be so alarming and possibly have you feeling apprehensive. I have experienced persons not protecting themselves and completely having no concern for my personal space or safety. It is unfortunate that we are still at a point when several people walk around with no mask, no gloves, and do not practice social-distancing.  I have the same concern that several people have expressed to me regarding safety.  Will businesses disinfect properly and practice social-distancing properly.  Is it the businesses we need to be concerned about or the public? It is a challenging question.  I hold on to the following scripture. 

 “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.  I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”   John 16:32-33 (NIV)

I have been advising everyone to be proactive when it comes to venturing out.  Make wise choices and relax. Many of us have been alone for weeks and miss the interaction with other people we know. On the other hand if you are arriving to your destination tense, then everything someone does will have you react offensively instead of smart.  You are not required to visit any business that decides to open now.  You must believe and know that the service you are receiving will be safe. If going out to dine in at a restaurant makes you feel stress or uncomfortable, stay home or order take-out.  When you visit any business if it is crowded and you are not comfortable, try again later.  You will feel better shopping and go home with less anxiety.  Again, make wise choices that you can handle.

You must be your own advocate when it comes to your health and well-being during this time.  What you and I do while out in the public will affect others.  The best way to move forward is stay calm, stay in prayer and evaluate your situation in a positive manner. Sometimes we hold on to the negative because we are concerned about the unknown.  Avoid comparing your situation to others, be smart, and safe.  Maintain your hope. God is with us and all is well. 

 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”     Romans 12:12 (NIV)


#LoveRulesTheDay

No comments:

Post a Comment